domingo, 22 de janeiro de 2012

Robot wheel assembly

Due to a few requests about how the robot motor was actually being built, and how it relates to previous posted images of tires and wheels I'm building, I present here two renders of the motor assembly, to contextualize the latest H3 Robot wheels pictures.

The first render shows an alpha version of the assembly, with some zoom to be able to easily distinguish tire, wheel, magnets and the motor stator.

The second render, shows a beta version of the assembly, with some more detail on the stator. However, both of these assemblies are already outdated, since I had to make some adjustments due to an unexpect surprise I had with the tires I bought.

Tire description mentioned that it had a steel ring, which I assumed was visible and accesible and would be the tire wheel base, but unfortunatly this was not the case, since the inner steel ring is there only to provide tight fixing, when the tire is inserted, i.e. pressed onto a wheel hub.

This meant that expected tire measurements didn't include a wheel base, and since I had based my entire assembly design on this assumption, the entire assembly design had to be remade, in order to include a wheel hub.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário