domingo, 11 de março de 2012

Checking for correct alignment

After making shure that the rail spacer was as flat as possible, I knew I had another problem to fix. Cutting down 0.6mm of spacer thickness meant that now I didn't have enought spacing for correct alignment. i.e. now it's parallel to Z-axel support bridge, but I need to increase the spacing, to get it on center again. As can be seen on the first image, after correcting for the missing spacing, now the support is correctly aligned with the z-Axel, since the axel goes through the bearing in perfect alignment. One solution to correct the missing spacing could be to replace the original clear acrylic part with a thicker one, and fly cut it to size, but I had ruled that out, once I decided to keep the original, and just make it flat by cutting it.
The reasoning for this decision is that this part is large, so replacing it would mean more weight on the Z support structure, due to the extra thickness, and more acrylic scrap leftover. Since I have another clear acrylic spacer, a smaller one, where the Z Rail Support is bolted to the bridge, it's easier, cheaper and faster to replace this part with a thicker one. Since I didn't have a thicker clear acrylic, hence I used an opaque one I had laying arround. In the second image we can see the rail support sandwhiched between a short opaque acrylic on the left, and a long clear acrylic on the right. On this image we can also clearly see screw shapped cavities in the clear acrylic, that were used to fix it for fly cutting.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário